Editorial Designer Contractor
Governance & Accountability Institute is growing and looking to expand the design department. Ability to comfortably partner with executive teams to support company-wide communications and client projects, while working from home.
Ideal candidate enjoys design, strategy, and communication that enhances storytelling through layouts and graphics.
- Develop design solutions for sustainability report, presentations, social marketing, templates, and a variety of documents based on guidelines provided by the client and internal team
- Translate and organize client preferences and concepts into design ideas and approaches
- Work with internal team to identify and develop infographics that will authentically tell a clients sustainability story
- ESG surveys that companies respond to such as CDP, S&P CSA, EcoVadis, GRESB, and others
- Work closely with G&A Institute team members to implement changes in a swift and timely manner
- Organize and finalize finished products into both print and digital forms
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Design/Communication Field
- Must have 2+ years of relevant experience within an agency or corporate environment
- Expertise in Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Strong ability to visualize data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Experience in taking creative designs from concept to finished deliverable
- Experience in client and potential client interactions
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional knowledge of visual design and demonstrated proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity
- Self-motivated / passionate
- Self-directed – able to follow directions, work remotely and collaboratively, seamlessly
- Ability to understand complex business strategy and simplify it for easy understanding
- Ability to clearly explain creative choices in meetings and reviews
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to follow through from an initial basic request to completion without step by step direction
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- General knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) topics, issues, relevant metrics and data points
- Entry Level proficiency in understanding of HTML, CSS, and CMS, WordPress (coding not required)
- Proofreading / writing experience
- General knowledge in UX/UI in relation to building websites
- General knowledge of branding essentials (logo creation, color profiles etc.)
- Location: New York, NY, USA. Fully remote working position.
- Travel: We must lead by example, which is why remote working is highly encouraged.
- Schedule: Flexible / part time -- hours will depend on projects assigned. (Company hours are typically 9am-5pm EST)
- Hourly Range: Starting at $40 - $60+ per hour depending on experience.
If you meet the above requirements send:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Personal website with samples of infographics, layout design and illustration.
Applicants should send their resume and background materials to email@example.com. Please make sure to list the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email..
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. the company does not sponsor employment visas. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it's not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a sustainability consulting and research firm headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising, and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for excellence and leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing, ranging from large, well-known companies with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We will add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.