Senior Sustainability Analyst
Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is growing. The company is seeking a Senior Sustainability Analyst to join the team as a project-based contractor with longer-term potential. In addition to G&A’s regular research publications on corporate sustainability and ESG trends, our main focus is on client services. G&A offers a wide-range of ESG and sustainability services, including but not limited to: materiality assessments, publishing sustainability reports (GRI, SASB, TCFD, IIRC, SDGs), policy writing, ESG scoring and rankings, responding to annual surveys (CDP, CSA, EcoVadis), general sustainability consultancy, and much more. A full suite of client services we provide to our clients are available on our website.
Candidates should have a strong working knowledge and familiarity with corporate sustainability and investor ESG topics & issues including:
- Sustainability reporting and disclosure frameworks especially GRI, SASB, and TCFD, but also others such as IIRC and SDGs.
- ESG raters and rankers – especially the work of MSCI, Sustainalytics, Refinitiv, ISS, Bloomberg, etc.
- ESG surveys that companies respond to such as CDP, S&P CSA, EcoVadis, GRESB, and others.
- General knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics, metrics, and data points
- General knowledge of corporate reporting and disclosure
- General knowledge of capital markets
- General knowledge of business and strategy
- Experience with client-facing projects and services
- Experience with client prospect sales and interactions
- Experience in client presentations of results
- Experience in project management
- Strong online research and analysis skills including databases and corporate reporting
- Ability to synthesize through abundant research and data into summaries and recommendations
- Strong communications skills: writing skills are critical, internal and external socializing, and teamwork skills
- Coach other G&A analysts, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) with a good working knowledge of Google Drive and Adobe Acrobat
- Technologically savvy
- Knowledge and interest in ESG and sustainability with an eagerness to learn
- Self-motivated – passion for the work you’ll be doing
- Self-directed – able to take initiative and effectively work remote
- Experienced communications and presentation skills (business writing, speaking, and slide deck presentations).
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with G&A team members
- Ability to interact with clients and partner organizations
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business or sustainability-related field) with at least 5 years of related work experience
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionate about corporate and investor sustainability a plus
- Good network in sustainability circles
- Public speaking experience such as speaking on panels, leading presentations, training a plus
- Published research or writing on sustainability topics
- Proposal and/or RFP response writing experience a plus
- Other sustainability-related experience a plus (explain in your cover letter)
- Business experience/knowledge of how corporations do business is a plus
- Ability to stay abreast of trends that affect companies
If you meet the above requirements send:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Two references and/or letter(s) of recommendation
- Samples of writing or research on sustainability or other topics are a plus
Applicants should send their resume and background materials to email@example.com.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it's not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a sustainability consulting and research firm headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising, and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for excellence and leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing, ranging from large, well-known companies with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We will add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.
Governance & Accountability Institute service offerings related to Sustainability / ESG Consulting