Experience Corporate Reporting Graphic Designer Contractor
Governance & Accountability Institute is growing. The company is seeking an experienced graphic designer preferably with background in corporate annual report and / or sustainability report designs and executed layouts. This search is for a project-based contractor.
- Develop corporate sustainability report designs comps, templates, and guides based on design guidelines provided by the client
- Translate and organize client preferences and concepts into design ideas and approaches
- Work closely with writers, analysts and project managers to layout approved content provided for inclusion in sustainability reports
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with writers and project managers to develop/create illustrations, data tables and infographics -- creatively and accurately – to portray complex data and quantitative metrics for readers
- Proof and edit designed content as necessary, and implement edits provided by client and G&A Institute writing team
- Work closely with G&A Institute team members to implement changes in a swift and timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines. A strong sense of urgency, prioritizing projects, and meeting deadlines is a must
- Organize and finalize finished products into print and web-ready artwork and files
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Art/Design/Communications fields
- Must have 2+ years of relevant experience within an agency or corporate environment
- Previous experience in creating finished Adobe PDF reports, print design -- and website and direct response marketing is a plus
- Expertise in Adobe Suite, with concentration in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat (as needed to create final deliverables)
- Excellence in creative design, layout and production talent and skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Apps
- Experience in taking creative designs from concept to finished deliverable
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to follow through from an initial basic request to completion without much direction
- Preferred: Contractors with experience in publishing corporate marketing, annual reports, business materials, sustainability-related materials, reports and infographics (provide us with samples of such experience, please)
- Business design experience in multiple sectors & industries, lines of business
- Experience in client and potential client interactions
- Knowledge/interest of ESG / sustainability -- and eagerness to learn more
- Experience in client presentations of results
- Ability to stay abreast of trends and innovations in report designs and implementation
- Self-motivated – passion for the work you’ll be doing
- Self-directed – able to follow directions, work remotely and collaboratively, seamlessly
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects on a daily basis, while making deadlines
- Strong communications skills and presentation skills
- Good internal and external socializing / teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to be agile and communicative within a fast-paced team environment, interacting with clients, partners and staff
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionate about corporate and investor sustainability is a plus
- Entry Level proficiency in understanding of HTML, CSS, and CMS, WordPress (coding not required)
- Proofreading / writing experience
- General knowledge of corporate financial and business reporting and disclosure; capital markets; corporate strategy-setting and implementation of strategies
- General knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) topics, issues, relevant metrics and data points
- General working knowledge and familiarity with corporate and investor-focused ESG / sustainability topics & issues
- Experience in sustainability disclosure and reporting and/or other business and financial disclosure and reporting documents.
- A definite plus: Familiarity with Sustainability Reporting Frameworks -- especially GRI Standards, and also SASB, TCFD, IIRC, CDP, UNGC, and SDGs and others (it would be helpful to explain such familiarity)
- Other sustainability-related experience a plus (please explain in your cover letter)
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability Institute is a sustainability consulting and research company headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for and achieving excellence and recognized leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing. We work with firms ranging from large cap, well-known enterprises with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We plan to add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is the data partner for the United States, United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland for the Global Reporting Initiative and it is our responsibility to monitor, collect and receive, and thoroughly analyze and database the contents of corporate sustainability and responsibility reports published in these countries. We conduct research on corporate reporting in global markets as well.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.
If you meet the above requirements, please send:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Portfolio of work that you believe is relevant -- especially including any corporate reports and infographics
Please understand: This is a part-time contractor-basis (freelance) position that is fully remote. You must be adept and very responsive to working over the phone and via email.
Applicants should send their resume and background materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to list the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it's not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.