Business / Report Writing Contractor
Posted July 2021
Governance & Accountability Institute is growing. The company is seeking an experienced business / report writer to join the team as a project-based contractor.
Candidate should have a strong working knowledge and familiarity with corporate and investor-focused ESG / sustainability topics & issues, including:
- General knowledge of corporate financial and business reporting and disclosure
- General knowledge of capital markets
- General knowledge of corporate strategy-setting and implementation of strategies
- General knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) topics, issues, relevant metrics and data points
- Experience in sustainability disclosure and reporting and/or other business and financial disclosure and reporting documents.
- Familiarity with Sustainability Reporting Frameworks -- especially GRI, and also SASB, TCFD, IIRC, the SDGs is a plus
- Strong knowledge and interest in sustainable business and investing areas
- Business writing experience in multiple sectors & industries
- Strong communications skills, remote working skills, self-motivated
- Expert in use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) with a good working knowledge of Google Drive and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in client and potential client interactions
- Good internal and external socializing / teamwork skills
- Technologically savvy – able to use networking tools, key software programs for collaboration with team members
- Knowledge/interest of ESG / sustainability and eagerness to learn more
- Experience in client presentations of results
- Self-motivated – passion for the work you’ll be doing
- Self-directed – able to follow directions, work remotely, seamlessly
- Experienced communications and presentation skills (business writing/speaking and presentations).
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with G&A team members
- Ability to interact with clients and partner organizations
- A plus: Master’s degree (preferably in business or sustainability-related field) with 2 years work experience in the industry or a Bachelor’s 4-year degree, with at least 4 years work experience in the industry
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionate about corporate and investor sustainability a plus
- Good network in corporate & investor sustainability circles
- Writing / published on sustainability topics (provide samples if possible)
- Proposal / RFP response writing experience a plus
- Other sustainability-related experience a plus (explain in your cover letter)
- Business experience/knowledge of how corporations do business is a plus
- Ability to stay abreast of trends and innovations that affect public companies
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability Institute is a sustainability consulting and research company headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for and achieving excellence and recognized leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing. We work with firms ranging from large cap, well-known enterprises with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We plan to add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is the data partner for the United States, United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland for the Global Reporting Initiative and it is our responsibility to monitor, collect and receive, and thoroughly analyze and database the contents of corporate sustainability and responsibility reports published in these countries. We conduct research on corporate reporting in global markets as well.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.
If you meet the above requirements send:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Samples of writing on sustainability or other business topics
Applicants should send their resume and background materials to email@example.com.
We treat all applications as confidential and private communications. We regret that it's not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Governance & Accountability Institute service offerings related to Sustainability / ESG Consulting