Administrative / Accounting Support Assistant
G&A Institute is seeking an experienced confidential administrative assistant to support executives and team members. New York metro region resident is preferred. This will be a remote position and candidate should have a proper workspace where they can work in their home.
Below are a variety of the types of support that would be needed:
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
Help supporting two executives:
- Email - organization, sorting, prioritizing, and flagging messages for immediate attention; and various other categories
- Scheduling - tracking follow ups with prospect, client, internal and partner calls and meetings.
- Writing/Drafting - proposals, PowerPoints, basic documents, and initial research
FINANCIAL / ACCOUNTING SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience with QuickBooks necessary - setting up, configuring, and maintaining clients and vendor accounts (inputting and allocating invoices, revenue, expenses to clients, partners, and vendors). This would be working in tandem with our external accounting firm.
- Projects / client account record keeping and tracking
- Accounts Receivable - manage invoicing schedules, different PO #'s; various online invoicing systems.
- Accounts Payable: Process payments to our vendors in a timely fashion.
- Help manage incentive tracking for our employees (preferably utilizing QuickBooks)
OTHER POSSIBLE SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacting with our vendors to coordinate things -- such as with HR and payroll services firm, general counsel, accounting firm.
- Help to track prospects – status, timetable for follow up, allocation of resources if they come aboard (start, finish dates)
- Help to analyze productivity of team member assigned (per project, client etc.)
The above listing is a sampling of the type of support that we would like to have this position cover. There may be additional related tasks that also would be part of this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Self-motivated / Self-directed – able to take initiative and effectively work remote
- Strong communications skills
- Technologically savvy - Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) with a good working knowledge of Google Drive and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with G&A team members
- Ability to interact with clients and partner organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of related work or qualified, industry-related experience
If you meet the above requirements send:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Two references and/or letter(s) of recommendation
Applicants should send their resume and background materials to email@example.com.
G&A Institute will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local candidates will be given preference.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it's not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a sustainability consulting and research firm headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising, and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for excellence and leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing, ranging from large, well-known companies with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We will add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.
Governance & Accountability Institute service offerings related to Sustainability / ESG Consulting