ISSUE 6 | JANUARY 2012
US Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility Reporting
- Issue #6 Headlines | January 2012
- Update on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility Reporting in December 2011
- Featured Social Responsibility Report: US Army/Dept of Defense
- Trendwatching: Corporate Scorecards for McDonald's and Starbucks
- Trust Across America™ Names G&A's Hank Boerner to "Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior"
- Apple Names Names in January 2012 Supplier Responsibility Report
- Brazil's Stock Exchange Recommends Listed Company Sustainability Reporting, Movement Toward Listing Requirements Seen in Other Nations
- From GRI: Test the Taxonomy: GRI Releases Draft XBRL Taxonomy for Public Comment
- New from GRI: Website to be "Hub" for Sustainability & Reporting Information
- Governance & Accountability Institute: Now Data Partner for the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland
- Does Sustainability & Responsibility Reporting Matter to Investors? An Analysis by G&A Institute of Fortune 500
From small beginnings, US companies have dramatically stepped up their disclosure practices and formalized reporting on sustainability and responsibility strategies, goals, performance, and achievements.
A growing number of shareholders are keenly interested in these disclosures. So are key stakeholders including employees, shareholders, business partners, suppliers and others. The influential parties shaping access to capital, setting market valuations, and shaping reputations of US companies, are the primary audience for these reports.
In this Update newsletter you'll find news, perspectives and results of our monitoring, trendwatching and corporate reporting analysis.
We invite you to read the Update contents – news you can use about corporate S&R transparency and reporting that is shaping investor and stakeholder perception in the "new normal" of the capital markets.
- The G&A Institute Team
Submit Your Report
We invite corporate and institutional managers to submit their company or organization report directly to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the G&A Institute, visit our web site: www.ga-institute.com
Contents © 2012 by G& A Institute – All Rights Reserved. Please credit G&A Institute as the source if content is reproduced.
Governance & Accountability Institute is the "Sustainability Headquarters™" for clients in the corporate, investment, public and social sectors. The G&A team provides research, monitoring, advisory and strategic information resources to clients in the corporate, investment, public and social sectors.
G&A Institute closely monitors the sustainability, responsibility, environmental, citizenship, and other similarly-titled reporting of US domestic corporations and the US-based subsidiaries of non-US companies. We also monitor reports of trade and professional associations, non-profits, the public sector, professional practices, and colleges & universities.
G&A Institute is the USA Data Partner of the GRI We monitor, receive, collect, analyze, and database the US corporate (and institutional) reports and make these publicly available. G&A Institute is the Data Partner of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in the United States.
G&A Services Portfolio
- ESG Counseling, Strategies & Benchmarking
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Sustainability Coaching, Team Building & Training
- Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility Reporting
- ESG & CR Issues Monitoring & Research
- Stakeholder Identification, Monitoring & Engagement
- Awards & Recognitions Program
- External Assurance